Learn what kinds of wagers are there in horse racing betting. Know where to find the best horse racing odds.
Heading into a horse racing track or an online horse racing betting page is difficult when you have no idea what they mean. This is especially harder to understand since horse racing has more types of wager you can do, unlike other sports. However, this does not mean it is impossible to understand if the facts are laid out simply.
So before you stake your bet on a horse you think has a high chance of winning, get to know the different types of wager you can do in horse racing.
Types of Wager
There are various types of wager offered in most racecourses. While some types of wagering can only be used in a specific racecourse betting site, the most common ones you can find are:
- Win → You are betting on the horse you believe has the highest chance of placing first in the race.
- Place → You are betting on which horse will finish first, second, third, and more. This depends on the number of places indicated on the rules of the sportsbook. This is a fun and easy type of wager because you do not have to guess the exact order the horses will finish in the races.
- Exacta → Using this type of wager, you need to guess the horses that will finish first and second place in their correct order.
- Double → This is similar to “win” where you are betting on the possible winner of the race. However with this, you have to wager on two consecutive races and correctly determine the winner. The events you can wager on are usually indicated on the horse racing betting site.
- Trifecta → This is similar to exacta. The only difference is that you have to correctly guess the horses who will finish first, second, third, and their correct order.
- Quartet → In Quartet you need to guess which horses will finish first, second, third, fourth in their correct order.
- Pick 6 → You have to correctly guess the winner of six consecutive races from legs one to six. You can pick more than one horse per race so the chances of your winning can increase. Additionally, the Pick 6 wager type is usually indicated in the rules of the horse racing site you are wagering on.
- Jackpot → You need to choose the winner of all four races included in the Jackpot. You can also bet on more than one horse per race so you can increase your chances of winning. Additionally, this type of wager is from legs one to four indicated in the online sportsbook you are wagering on.
- Place accumulator → Using this type of wager, you need to choose the horses you think are going to win in seven races that make up the Place accumulator. These are from legs one to seven. You can bet on more horses to increase your chances of winning the bet. If you wagered two horses in each of the match and they all finished in the first three places then your payout is higher. (2*2*2*2*2*2*2 =14)
Where to Wager?
Gamble.jp provides you with the best odds you can see in the industry. Not only that but you can see daily news updates on your favourite Japanese race tracks and horses too. You can also learn the family history of the horses competing in the races, their jockeys, and trainers.