Palms Casino Resort has three hotel towers, an impressive gaming floor, two theaters and a recording studio used by the biggest names in music.
The 4-star Palms Casino Resort opened on November 15, 2011 to great fanfare. It is consistently among the top ten popular places to visit in Vegas.
How to go to Palms Casino
The Palms is on West Flamingo Road 6.9 kilometers from the Strip. Along the way, you’ll find malls, restaurants, and scenic locations. It’s a 15-minute drive or you can use the Palms shuttle service that goes back and forth from Fashion Show Mall and the Forum Shops. The shuttle service runs from 11 AM – 8 PM.
Popular casinos nearby The Palms are the Orleans, Rio, and the Gold Coast. World-renowned restaurants such as CornerStone SteakHouse, Vetri Cucina, and the Famiglia Pizzeria can be found nearby. If you’re coming from McCarran International Airport, here are the transportation services that can take you to the Palms:
- Bus/Monorail (US$17): From the airport, take the 108 bus line (US$6) and get off at the Desert Inn bus stop along Paradise Road. You can walk to the Las Vegas Convention Center Monorail Station.Take the Las Vegas Monorail (US$5) and get off at the Flamingo & Caesars Palace Station.Walk towards E Flamingo Road to the LINQ bus station. From there, take the 202 bus line (US$6). Get off at the Gold Coast bus station that is still along E Flamingo Road. It is a three-minute walk to the Palms from there.
- Taxi (US$33): If you want to reach the Palms faster and in a more convenient way, you can take a taxi from the airport.
- Shuttle (US$72): Most of Las Vegas’ top resorts offer shuttle service that waits for guests at the airport and takes them directly to the resort. Before your visit at the Palms, ask the resort’s concierge about reservation details on their shuttle service.
Palms Casino Games
The casino has a spacious 95,000 square feet area where you can find the best Vegas casino games. The convention center also has a 65,000 square feet area for gambling conventions. Dealers are helpful which helps the casino have a great atmosphere for all players.
Palms Casino has ten Baccarat table games. Among these games is a large virtual baccarat machine. Customers mention that it is one of the most impressive gambling experiences in Vegas.
Baccarat in The Palms is reputed to be among the ultimate high stakes games. Two cards can mean the difference between winning and losing.
The Palms has 14 Blacktables which can all be found on the main casino floor. Famous tables include the Blackjack Switch Table, Dealers Angel Video Machine, and the High Limit area. It can be reopened upon request and if a dealer is available.
Blackjack tables in The Palms are infamously strict. The rewards for players who keep up are sure to leave with large sums. To beat The Palms Casino at its best, visit Blackjack tables; it might just be your lucky day.
New and regular craps players can play at the Palms Casino. If a player is having difficulty with the rules, dealers are quick to help them on the basics. There is a high roller area for people who can afford it.
Palms Casino has two double zero roulette wheel. It has variations of the virtual roulette. They have a live wheel with a standard minimum bet and double zero rules. The casino has some of the most affordable roulette wheels in Vegas.
Slot machines at the Palms includes exciting brands such as The Godfather, Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead. The slots are the most visited machines in the casino.
Poker and Video Poker at Palms
There is a huge selection of video poker machines in the Palms. The casino has 10 tables in two poker rooms, low stakes, and high stakes. Both rooms have 5 flat-screen TVs and rows of comfortable chairs. There is a poker tournament on weekdays. There can be up to 30 players in the poker competition.
Other Palms Table Games
Palms Casino table games are Ultimate Texas Hold’Em, Fortune Pai Gow Poker Progressive, and Blackjack Switch. These table games follow standard rules. This area is visited by many players. Skilled players in these games often play with novice players for an easy win.
Sportsbook at Palms
The Palms has a Horse Betting and Sportsbook area that has over 1,200 square feet of LED TV screens. Guests are free to wager when and where they want to. The Palms sportsbook is located across the food court and the movie theater.
The sportsbook area can accommodate up to 120 people. Events held here can include sports and horse races.
The TV quality has largely improved since the renovation with clear visuals for better viewing. Seats are comfortable in the common area. Additionally, the seating for the VIP section of sports bettors includes better amenities.
CG Sports Betting App
The Palms sports betting area has no live betting. Guests can use the CG sports betting app to wager live from anywhere in Vegas. The app gives access to many live betting lines.
Palms Resort Amenities
Restaurants and Fine Dining
The Palms Casino Resort has various restaurants and exquisite dining areas. Here are some of the following restaurants you can find at the resort:
- Vetri Cucina
- Scotch 80 Prime Restaurant
- Sara’s Restaurant
- Mabel’s BBQ.
The Palms also has a food court with familiar brands such as McDonald's, Panda Express, Nathan's Famous and much more.
Nightclubs and Bars
The Palms has several high-class nightclubs and bars. One of these is the Rojo Lounge Bar. It is located in the lobby of Palms Casino Resort. It serves affordable cocktail drinks and is open from 2 pm to 12 mn.
Apex Social Club is an indoor to outdoor ultra lounge on the 55th floor of the casino. This lounge is beside the Scotch 80 Prime restaurant. It has an impressive drinks menu. The lowest price in the menu is vodka that costs $750. The performances in the club are unannounced. This means no visit is the same as before.
Moon Nightclub is located on the 53rd floor of the Fantasy Tower. Its appeal comes from its dedication to a futuristic theme. The nightclub’s most popular event is the roof retracting. This gives guests a clear view of the desert sky and moon.
The Palms Casino Resort has a spa called The Drift Spa. It is located near the Rojo lounge and Palms Place Pool. It contains over 20 treatment rooms. The services in the spa includes hot stone massages, facials, and hangover recovery treatments. These rooms also has steam rooms, sauna outdoor garden loungers, and hot and cold-soaking rooms.
The Palms also has three salons: Sunset Tan, Amp Salon, and the Primp Salon.
- Sunset Tan - You can experience world-class tanning. This salon has both UV tanning and UV-free tanning. It also has the most high-end tanning products you can find.
- AMP - This salon has skilled stylists to serve customers with a glamorous makeover from nails to make-up.
- Primp - This has premium hair care, manicures, pedicures, and waxing. It has the world-renowned color specialist, Michael Boychuck, to improve and refine your style to the fullest. The salon also has men’s services as well.
Fitness Center at Palms Casino Resort
The Palms has its own fitness center. This gym has cardio machines with personal TVs and weight-training equipment. It also has body heat tanning as well as Pilates and Yoga classes. Both of which are seasonally available for an additional fee.
The gym comes with amenities like free weights, free circuit training, and a floor exercise area. It also has weight equipment, cardio equipment, and premium Fitness classes for a fee.
Palms has two pools: the Palms Place pool and the Palms Ivory Tower pool.
- Palms Place is located on the 6th floor. This lustrous pool is a 50,000 square feet oasis. It has waterfalls, stone gardens, a Jacuzzi, stone fireplace, and tropical flowers.
- Palms Ivory Tower has a large pool area. This is often used to host poolside events. Celebrity guests and DJs visit on Fridays and Saturdays. The pool has 32-inch flat-screen TVs, couches, and exclusive audio systems. Guests must be 21 or older to enter the pool on Fridays and Saturdays.
The Palms has its own IMAX theatre. The Brenden Theaters is located inside the Palms Casino Resort with free parking. The cinema has luxury electric recliners, spacious rows, and a personal table in every seat. It has JB-X’s dual laser projection, Dolby ATMOS sound, DTS:X surround sound, and the 70 ft. high theatre.
Pearl Concert Theatre
The Palms Pearl Concert Theater can seat 1,000 to 2,500 people. The seats are 120 feet away from the stage. It has state of the art visual, lighting, and audio systems to give the best shows in Vegas. Performances include musicals, concerts, and comedy acts.
The Palms has 1,200 rooms, each of them has modern apartments. The rooms are available from the standard variants to magnificent villas with glass-enclosed pools that overlook the Strip.
There are three different towers on the property with guest rooms available: the Ivory Tower, the Fantasy Tower and Palms Place.
- Ivory Tower has a minimalist design with white leather lounge chairs, thick curtains, and padded headboard and lounge furniture.
- Fantasy Tower has suites known for outrageous design. They have plunge pools, billiard tables, and even private bowling alleys.
- Palms Place rooms are the most affordable rooms in the Palms. Larger rooms have built-in fireplaces and wide sofa beds. The Palms Hotel rooms are sure to give you the best views in the Vegas Strip.
For a better hotel experience, you can book for themed suites such as Studio suite, Ivory Suite and Grand Suite. However, these suites are expensive and are recommended for high roller guests.
The standard room amenities include high-speed Internet, access to Palms Fitness Center, and spas.
Guest rooms at the Palms Casino Resort use high-tech amenities. These range from massive LED TVs, media hubs, and MP3 player docking stations. Rooms are decorated with modern light fixtures, clean furniture, and sturdy bedding.
Palms bathrooms have deep soaking tubs for comfort and relaxation. These spa themed bathrooms have high-quality amenities such as frosted glass, hot showers, and sleek stone finishes.
The Palms has 27 meeting rooms, 27 ballrooms, and 13 premium suites used for meetings and events. It also has 19 venues. These rooms have over 60,000 square feet of space and can contain a maximum of 2,500 people.
The Palms Hotel has a 24-hour valet service with free parking for all guests. It has two parking garages with three entrances on Flamingo Rd.
Palms Hotel Casino Resort Trivia
- The Palms made its first pop culture impact on 2002 during TV show “Real World: Las Vegas”.
- Its next exposure was when it was featured as a constant backdrop on E! reality show The Girls Next Door.
- When the Playboy Bunnies visited the Playboy-branded tower it became known as the Fantasy Tower.
- The Fantasy tower was constructed for $600 million dollars and houses the “Hardwood Suite”. This suite contains its own basketball court and a King suite with a private bowling alley. This is one of the most expensive suites in The Palms. It has nightly rates starting at $20,000.
- The Palms Casino Resort suffered financial trouble in 2010. It was revealed that the former owners, the Maloof Family, had missed essential loan payments.
- From then on, the owners of the Palms have been Station Casinos. After purchasing it they began a $620 million dollar renovation to improve the Palms’ facilities.
- Renovations extend all the way up to the “Fantasy Tower”. The renovated areas opened in May 2018 and it’s expected that the renovation project will be finished in late 2019.
For many years, celebrities and influential figures alike have been visiting The Palms Casino Resort for a good reason. Every facility was made to be the best and appeal to people of any generation. The variety of its restaurants, fine dining options, and high-quality casino games are good examples of their dedication.